linux install question

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 15:00:28 UTC 2001

Timothy Reaves wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 23:49:24 -0500
> "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/uploads/298/Squeak-lex.tgz
> >

>         O.K., I got this compiled and installed.  Now another question, where is my image located?  Do I just create a directory and copy the image into it?  And does this image have the chanes already sourced or do I need to do that?

It's probably in /usr/local/bin but as yourself, just run inisqueak. You
can then start Squeak by typing squeak at the command line (squeak -h
for options).

To check on how up to date your changeset is, just open the Squeak flap
at extreme left and "about this system".

I'm at 4173. But 4138 is probably more typical.

Cheers

John