How to animate scrolling?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 19 05:20:51 UTC 2001

I have a moderately complex tree of morphs which I am tracing through,
highlighting each one as it is touched. Occasionally I need to scroll my
view to bring the next touchee into clear view. I'd like to do a nice
smooth scroll, but so far have failed miserably to get it to work.

I am using stepping to do the animation of the highlighting, but the
scrolling needs to 'take precedence' so that we get something like:-

step->find morph, highlight
step->find morph, whoops scroll a little
	step->scroll a little
	step->scroll a little
	highlight
step->find morph, highlight

etc....

I tried making my smooth scrolling method use 'self world doOneCycle'
after each mini-scroll but that somehow managed to stop the main
stepping. Very odd!

tim
Base 8 is just like base 10, if you are missing two fingers.  - Tom Lehrer