Window Resizing II

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Thu Jul 19 09:15:44 UTC 2001

Here's the next installment of the window frame resizing stuff

http://people.we.mediaone.net/trade/Zurgle/Resizing%20Part%20II.htm

Joern shamed me in to writing a polygon based resize edge. Thought I could
just float by ...

I added minimal support for the outline dragging support since the crowd was
growing restless. After looking through the code, it looks as if that whole
area isn't exactly straightforward. I need to figure out where I can hitch
my wagon to Jesse's code at.

Most importantly, I've added a few colorful examples of what window frames
look like when they have the resizing edges attached to them. This should
give you a better feel for what I've been talking about. Try them out see
what you think, and make sure to send suggestions. Note that these are not
examples of what the window frames themselves should or shouldn't look like,
rather I'm interested in the frame interaction and design of the surrounding
mechanisms.

If you see any major bungling going on in the code, make sure to take me to
task for it.

Jim

PS: This code was developed in Squeak 3.1 version 4173
Note that this is throw away code, and as such you shouldn't save it in your
working images.
The examples look best in 32 bit depth.