[OT] RE: M$ banging nails into java's coffin?

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Fri Jul 20 13:27:21 UTC 2001

We should make a Squeak distribution that looks like a web browser...put
a text field at the top, forward and back buttons, etc.  When someone
types a URL, it attempt to load a default project (like index.pr)...if
it doesn't find that, load the default web page (index.html).  The page
or project would consume the available space in the Squeak window, with
scroll bars added if necessary.

It could then be touted as a more powerful web browser...(of course,
Scamper would need a lot of work).

- Stephen