Some feedback

Helge Horch Helge.Horch at munich.netsurf.de
Sat Jul 21 10:45:10 UTC 2001

At 22:29 19.07.2001 -0500, Bill Schwab wrote:
>(4) Color syntax highlighting is appreciated and very helpful; but, it
>appears to rely on pretty printing, which I find to be fairly invasive.  I
>often add white space to add emphasis, and pretty printing
>removes that formatting.  It would be nice to have syntax
>highlighting independent of automatic code formatting.

There is at least one external goodie that provides non-intrusive
highlighting (i.e., without pretty-printing).  I inherited the Squeak 1.x
changeset from Martin Wollenweber and carried it through to Squeak 2.x, see

<http://home.netsurf.de/helge.horch/squeak/syntaxcol.html>

for a snapshot.  Bolot Kerimbaev kindly merged patches and enhanced it for
Squeak 3.1a, that changeset currently lives at

<http://fce.cc.gatech.edu/~bolot/squeak/opp/sq31-syntaxHighlighting.05Jun181
3.cs>

Cheers,
Helge