I'm New Here

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Sat Jul 21 19:43:35 UTC 2001

Hacker <mrandycs at swbell.net> writes:

> This is my first post on your list. My name is Randy Manning
> and I am from Waco Texas. I've been programming since 1980
> and have been Smalltalking since ~1994.

Hello.  (I'm delighted to see a fellow Texan on the list; I'm
in San Marcos.)

(By the way, you probably don't realize it, but your email
was filled with HTML markup.  You probably need to change
some settings in your email program to say "No! Do not
include HTML in email or newsgroup postings".)

> the programmer. The Developer badly needs the equivalent
> of VB's GUI designer. This tool was available in Visual
> Smalltalk as the "Workbench". Squeak, as far as I know,
> offers no equivalent GUI builder system.

At first I thought Squeak was missing a GUI builder, but it
turns out that (more or less) *all* of Squeak is a GUI
builder.  Mark Guzdial's book has some good information for
getting into it.

-- Frank
frank at canyon-medical.com