[Win32][VM] Tools update

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Jul 23 23:37:28 UTC 2001

Folks,

Those of you heavily into recompiling Windows VMs may have noticed that the
tool chain that I've provided isn't fully capable of recompiling the latest
sources. I've therefore updated the tools to include both, the required
OpenGL as well as patched DirectX7 header files. The stuff is in its usual
place at

http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~raab/squeak/src/tools/

For those of you who want to "upgrade" their tool chain, here is how:

#1: Get DX7PatchedHeaders.zip and extract them on top of the existing DX7
header files (should be in something like c:\dx7sdk\include). The "patch"
consists of removals of duplicate typedefs; both GCC as well as MSVC will be
happy with the patched versions.

#2: Get the OpenGLHeaders.zip and extract them into your toplevel GCC
directory, BUT KEEP THE DIRECTORY STRUCTURE. You should now find the GL
header files under the tree i386-mingw32\include\GL. The GL headers are not
part of the standard header files provided with GCC/MingW. Those of you
using MSVC can ignore this.

Cheers,
  - Andreas