[ANN] GemSqueak - Squeak client for GemStone/S

Editor - Squeak News editor at squeaknews.com
Tue Jul 24 03:32:06 UTC 2001

Hola Leandro,

I see you are not sitting still there! I am downloading the GemSqueak client now. I have a client in NY who uses GemStone and I am sure I can use it professionally as well as marveling at it as a toy.

> Valeria and Leandro want to start developing the object server in Squeak soon.
> They know how to do it. Please note that they need some founding for this project.
> So, if you think you can contribute in some way to support it, contact them asap.

This is quite interesting! What type of funding you are looking for? I would be quite interested in this project but as you may know I am not at my richest these days! I still may be able to have small contributions, but we should write about this on the e-zine and more people would be attracted to it. We'll also add these to our monthly email.

If you have anything more about this project I'd love to hear about it. I have been looking for a reliable GemStone replacement for years.

Valeria's assignment (!!) : An article about GemSqueak client, we should feature it in the e-zine.

BTW Squeak Central loved the e-zine. I think I have forwarded the email they sent me.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Tansel