I'm New Here - Responce

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Jul 25 20:56:29 UTC 2001

>But the VM *is* small.  According to MacOS, the Squeak 3.0Alpha8MT VM is
>a "1,012 K application".  And the 2.8 VM was "1,004 K", so the rate of
>growth doesn't seem to be all that high.

Actually the size is about 1/2 that because it is a FAT application
and contains code for both the powerc and 68K version. In the latest
version I've dropped the 68K version because of support for openGL.
Also Quite a bit of the space say 1OOK plus is also taken up for
static buffer space and strings etc. Code growth has been minimal.