3.0 and 3.1 VMs for Unix

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Wed Jul 25 22:34:35 UTC 2001

Unix folks,

Sorry for the delay since 3.0pre2.  The latest (and I hope final) 3.0 is
in the usual place [1] with binaries for Linux PPC/386 (glibc 2.1.3) and
Solaris (2.5).  These are also available by ftp [2] for those who prefer.
(No Alpha/OSF version this time, because somebody here broke the compiler
installation. No Linux version for Sparc either, because I didn't have the
patience to wait 30 minutes for an ancient SS2 to compile it all.  If
anyone really cares about these then let me know and I'll go build a bunch
of VMs on antiquated and/or obscure platforms.)

The sources for a 3.1a-4164pre1 VM are also in the same places for anyone
interested.  (3.1a is currently missing some of the latest tweaks
collected by Lex and others, but at least some form of 3.1 is "out there"
now.  Bear with me.  OGL and other goodies will be folded in "Real Soon
Now".)

FWIW: the 8bpp colour problem reported recently for VMs later than 2.8 was
real, and is now fixed (along with a few minor other things) in both 3.0
and 3.1a.

Enjoy!

Ian

[1] http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak

[2] ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/SOR/users/piumarta/squeak/
	Squeak-3.0-src.tar.gz
	Squeak-3.0-ppc-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz
	Squeak-3.0-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
	Squeak-3.0-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.tar.gz