Wierd crash whilst shrinking...

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 26 01:40:17 UTC 2001

I just tried doing a shrink with the little loop that attempts to winnow
out unused methods and classes enabled. Well, that was an exciting
adventure (normally I comment out that bit since it always seems to take
forever) in novel crashes!

The final backtrace included the wonderful news that Boolean>not sends
#subclassResponsibility. Duh. Of course, there should never be any
situation where that particular method is run, so obviously something
amusing went wrong. My best theory so far is that the winnowing took out
True/False>not... which really isn't quite what one wants to see happen.

Obviously, the image was not in a state to actually check this so it's
just a theory for now.

tim
Strange OpCodes: TOAC: Turn Off Air Conditioner