[OT] RE: Microsoft removes Netscape support from IE; plug-in needsre-writing.

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Thu Jul 26 20:39:58 UTC 2001

In your hypothetical progression of events, you completely
missed/left out Mac OS X. This, along with Unix, has M$ a
bit paranoid (moreso than ever).

>- Developers revert to development using C/C++ (some are
>smart and choose Squeak) and seek cross platform solutions

For what? What's the progress on "double clickable apps"
with Squeak?

Who is shipping apps based on Squeak? (and making any money
from it?)

Windows will have a lot of momentum simply because everybody
is making so much money off the dupes who bought into the
whole slop. For any really successful software, somebody's
got to be able to make a living from it.

Jeff Sz.

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   Of course, when reading or listening to many modern-
   day speakers, we have to be careful not to pay too much
   attention to empty words, for words don't mean a thing
   unless accompanied by deeds that match them.

   With professional speechwriters in tow, it is easy to
   sing lofty words while acting contrarily.
    -- Anu