SirCam left a message for us

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Jul 27 10:02:58 UTC 2001

I just rejected a post that appeared to be containing the SirCam virus.

> Hi! How are you
>
> I send you this file in order to have your advice
>
> See you later Thanks

This probably means that someone with the mailing list in their address book
has been infected by it. Fortunately it did not use the From address of a
current subscriber, which caused the listserv to stop it from being sent
out.

I'm just posting this to alert you all, although probably the person
infected may have already found out about this. It was sent to the old list
address which is still forwarding to here.

While we're at it, you may also want to patch your IIS servers for the
RedWhatever worm, and prepare for a long winter of heavy DDoS attacks as
non-computer-savvy people begin to connect computers with WinXP to the net,
ready to be taken over by hackers as DDoS attack bots. A scary story about
that is found at <http://grc.com/dos/intro.htm>.

Henrik