interfacing with other languages

Frank Lesser Frank-Lesser at Lesser-Software.com
Sun Jul 29 14:28:02 UTC 2001

  -----Original Message-----
  From: squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:squeak-dev-admin at lists.squeakfoundation.org]On Behalf Of Jos Roberts
  Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 12:32 PM
  To: squeak at rain.create.ucsb.edu
  Subject: interfacing with other languages

  Does anyone know how to interface Squeak with another language (or even if
it can be done at all)?  For example, I want to write a program where I use
Java for the functional workings, but I want to use Squeak for the GUI.  Can
it be done?
  [Frank Lesser]

  It depends on the language, which you want to interface.
  In principal interfacing from Squeak works also with Java - there are
several packages which attempts to interface Java from Smalltalk.
  One was called JavaInSt and was available from Argentinas Smalltalk site
www.sugar.com.
  To my knowledge these packages are not available for Squeak yet.

  Frank