Morphic Rolodex: Celeste class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:#isActive and arguments: #()

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 06:47:31 UTC 2001

Steve Elkins wrote:

> John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > field. But if I type an email and try to send it, I get
> >
> > Celeste class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:aMessage: a Message with
> > selector: #isActive and arguments: #()
>
> An *instance* of Celeste does understand #isActive, but the class
> Celeste does not.

I understand the concept, but not how to sort it. In particular I find
it difficult to relate debugging to Viewer generated stuff. (And I find
debugging in Smalltalk tough anyway.) I'm also puzzled that if I call
Celeste from the open menu or the script and open an inspector on them,
they appear identical.  I'm way, way, out of my depth here!

> If you need a little more help, please send a stack trace showing how
> the message was sent.  The menu of the top pane of the debugger doesn't
> have 'copy stack', but 'file out' or 'mail out bug report' will give you
> the text to send.  If you choose the 2nd, make sure the list address is
> the current one.

Please: the attachments look to be the problem areas.

Cheers

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."