[BUG] two different ways to handle assert:

Daniel V. Oppenheim music at watson.ibm.com
Mon Jun 11 20:26:22 UTC 2001

The system handles <assert:> in two different ways: Object expects a Block
as argument, whereas all other 3 classes expect a Boolean. This is not a
good idea... However, there are only 39 senders so its an easy fix;
slightly complicated with the implementation of <assert> in BlockContext,
but that only has 7 senders.

I think aBoolean makes more sense than aBlock as argument.

Since I need to fix this anyhow in order to file in my own code I will be
happy to make the change, update all system methods, and send the fix in --
but being new to the squeak-fix process please let me know what is the
preferred way of handling this.

Thanks

	Danny Oppenheim
---

Dr. Daniel V.
Oppenheim

	Computer Music Center
	IBM T.J. Watson Research Center	     phone: (914) 945-1989
	P. O. Box 218 (or Route 134)	     fax:   (914) 945-3434
	Yorktown Heights, NY 10598	     www.research.ibm.com/music