squeak@cs.uiuc.edu no longer list address?

Jörn Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Fri Jun 1 18:37:47 UTC 2001

I think it's just that the mail system at wdi has been fooled by the
mail headers.

Your mails arrive at my mailbox with
From: Ned Konz
To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu

I guess they also arrive with these at the address Ted Kaehler has
subscribed to the list with.
Now WDI has installed an autoreply on this mailbox that just returns a
template message of the form "address <recv> has moved" to the address
in the "From" header, where <recv> is just taken from the "To" header,
which in this case does not contain the final receiver, and not
derived from the actual mailbox name.

So Ted K. would probably have to unsubscribe the old address from the
list to stop that (or wdi would have to switch off the autoreply)

I was just about to ask the obvious question in the next sentence,
when Dan Ingalls's "Onward and Upward" message popped in ;-)

Joern