Squeakland plug in and image

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 00:15:36 UTC 2001

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, John Hinsley wrote:
>
> > Since the Squeakland page still doesn't direct me to a Linux plug-in (in
> > fact, it doesn't even recognise that I'm using Linux and thinks I'm
> > running Mac! -- refrain: "If I were a reetch man...." -- (I'd probably
> > buy Sparc...... ;-) )) I though I'd ask what plugin/image are Unix folk
> > using to get at Squeakland?
>
> http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/download.html

Thanks Bert. If anyone needs a pre built vm for glibc 2.1.3 (that is, if
they get the GLIBC 2.2 error message on loading your prebuilt vm) they
should mail me off list (unless you want to provide a home for it).

Note that the prebuilt vm available in the "usual" places will work fine
with most earlier glibc versions. (But probably not as a plug-in image.)

Cheers

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."