About the wonderful internet browser

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Jun 16 19:00:32 UTC 2001

John Hinsley wrote:

> Jon Hylands wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:17:39 +0200, Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Have you read the document at
> > > http://209.143.91.36/super/70
> >
> > Well, if there was actually a document there... :-)
> >
> > I don't know if the project has any documentation in it or not, I've never
> > downloaded it.
> >
> > Have you looked at it? Is it useful? It would really help if there was a
> > one-paragraph summary of what each project was, and why I would want to
> > download it. (I know, not your job, but I'm speaking to the larger
> > community here).
>
> OK, so Jon discovered that it was, indeed, a document. But there are so
> many wonderful (and sometimes wierd ;-) ) things on BSS that I think
> Jon's general remark "It would really help if there was a one-paragraph
> summary of what each project was" bears looking at. (Of course, that's
> not Karl's job!)
>
> Incidentally, I just downloaded the pooh_20testing.004.pr which just
> loads and turns Squeak black with the latest image and changeset but
> loads fine on the older image/changeset I have on my Windows partition.
> (I'm guessing that this is due to it being built for the image built for
> the earlier changesets.) Can anyone point me to:
>
> What I ought to be looking at to get it loading correctly in my up to
> date image/cs. -- Presumably I can file it out and tweak the code?
>
> What can I do with Pooh? I see a Wonderland with one line of code and
> get the debugger coming up as soon as I execute it. (So I guess I need
> pointing to a Pooh HOWTO).

Open a Wonderland

Wonderland new

Blue button on the blue background in the landscape/ 3d view.
Click on the handle that look like a teddy - that's Pooh !
Now you can draw in the landscape/ 3d view. Once you release the mouse
a 3d object is created from the outline you created.

This object can be painted: blue click on it, click on the paint
handle and paint away.

You can move the object and rotate it using different modifying keys.

You can create more onbjects and these can again be linked together,
but that's beyond me at the moment.

You can script these objects with the tile scripting.

Karl