BankAccount Tutorial

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Fri Jun 29 15:15:41 UTC 2001

"Rev. Aaron" wrote:

> Do we all think that perhaps it is time to replace the code on that
> Morphic tutorial to work with 3.0 on the Swiki itself?  It seems most
> newbies are using 3.0.

Yes, I agree that the tutorial should be updated to work with 3.0.  The tutorial itself is on squeak.org, not on a Swiki, so not just anyone can update it... perhaps whoever is in charge of squeak.org could update it.  Would that be Russell?

I assume it would just be a matter of pasting in the new code forwarded in Bob's message, plus maybe a note at the top indicating that the tutorial is compatible with 3.0.

"Noel J. Bergman" wrote:

> > It seems most newbies are using 3.0.
>
> Or later.

Some might, although generally newbies should be using 3.0 and not 3.1alpha (especially if they expect tutorials to work :) ).  Although I suppose there are some newbies out there using 3.1alpha in order to try squeakland.org stuff.  But it's still probably better to have tutorials pegged to a released version rather than a moving alpha version.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com