Odd interaction between Gvim and Squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 6 22:37:56 UTC 2001

Beats me -- it works okay with emacs.  (At last!  Clear proof that emacs
is better!!)

It doesn't work at all from Squeak to Opera, however, which can be
irritating.

For what it's worth, XWindows cut and paste actually is pretty
complicated.  There is no actual clipboard, if that gives you any idea
of the difficulties.  It looks like some programs want a slightly
different flavor of cut-and-paste than what Squeak/Unix does right now.
Any XWindows hackers are heartily invited to take a look at sqXWindow.c
and see if you can figure out what the problem is!

Lex