Help with Wonderland textures

Projet DeepLow deeplowsoftware at oreka.com
Fri Jun 22 16:36:08 UTC 2001

I already posted the following mail to ask for help with textures in
wonderland. Apparently nobody saw this message I don't know if I got
it back myself. Well if someone has some information about it please
e-mail as soon as possible : we are to hand the project in Tuesday and
haven't found a way to do it yet.
Here is the mail :

Hi there,
as some of you may know we are currently working on a 3D windows
explorer in SmallTalk, which works as a virtual library. A directory
is represented by a room and a file is represented by a book. And
that's were we have a problem : we succeeded in creating a book and
putting it where we want it to be, BUT we can't apply a texture that
has more than one color. The texture is supposed to work with a bitmap
and a morph (cf. asTexture method). Unfortunately when the bitmap
contains more than one color the actor doesn't change or becomes all
black. And we definitely need to be able to put some information on
the book (e.g. the name of the file). Then our question is : does
anyone know a way to make the textures work ? (is there a package we
must download ?) We then thought we would add a morph to the
WonderlandWrapper but it doesn't work (the morph is succesfully added
ut is never shown on the screen). Is there any alternative way to add
a VISIBLE StringMorph to an actor ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Projet DeepLow
Maîtrise Informatique