a morphic tutorial in morphic

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 08:12:43 UTC 2001

=> 6/13/01 1:33:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, lex at cc.gatech.edu =>
<< The tutorial goes through very basic morphic programming skills, including
basic attributes, owner/submorph structure, mouse events, keyboard events,
stepping, and simple menus and fill-in-the-blank queries >>

Lex,

At the very beginning of this Tutorial, where a basic Blue rectangular morph
(aMorph) is presented, accompanied by the following text:

    "First, you must make halos appear.
    Press the "blue" button if your mouse has three buttons."

that, although that morph is selectable, and movable, with both red and
yellow buttons, it is not selectable (in my Windows'98, Squeak3.1a at 4081)
environment with the blue button to get its halo. The halo I get is the
BookMorph halo.

I have noticed this with a couple of other morphs; in particular, a new
BOBTransformationMorph created in a normal morphic environment from the 'new
morph' menu.

Is there a way to (blue button) select for halo a "non-halo" morph? Or is
there something peculiar about my environment that I should know about?

Thanks,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated