newbie question - killing a process

Rosemary Michelle Simpson rms at cs.brown.edu
Sat Jun 30 19:35:27 UTC 2001

How do you kill a process whose objects have gone away?  I created a
clock process (part of Mark's examples) and then made the mistake of
quitting without terminating the process.  Now I have an orphan clock that
wont go away.  I did as he suggested and did:

	Smalltalk garbageCollect.
	Process allInstances inspect.

This produced a long array of 34 processes, most of which say "a Process
in UndefinedObject>>DoIt".  Mark says to 'find the one you want (probably
near the bottom of the list) and send it terminate."

My question is:

How do I select a receiver from this array to terminate?

R.