About the wonderful internet browser

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 18:38:42 UTC 2001

Jon Hylands wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 10:17:39 +0200, Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se>
> wrote:
>
> > Have you read the document at
> > http://209.143.91.36/super/70
>
> Well, if there was actually a document there... :-)
>
> I don't know if the project has any documentation in it or not, I've never
> downloaded it.
>
> Have you looked at it? Is it useful? It would really help if there was a
> one-paragraph summary of what each project was, and why I would want to
> download it. (I know, not your job, but I'm speaking to the larger
> community here).

OK, so Jon discovered that it was, indeed, a document. But there are so
many wonderful (and sometimes wierd ;-) ) things on BSS that I think
Jon's general remark "It would really help if there was a one-paragraph
summary of what each project was" bears looking at. (Of course, that's
not Karl's job!)

Incidentally, I just downloaded the pooh_20testing.004.pr which just
loads and turns Squeak black with the latest image and changeset but
loads fine on the older image/changeset I have on my Windows partition.
(I'm guessing that this is due to it being built for the image built for
the earlier changesets.) Can anyone point me to:

What I ought to be looking at to get it loading correctly in my up to
date image/cs. -- Presumably I can file it out and tweak the code?

What can I do with Pooh? I see a Wonderland with one line of code and
get the debugger coming up as soon as I execute it. (So I guess I need
pointing to a Pooh HOWTO).

Cheers

John

Marx: "Why do Anarchists only drink herbal tea?"
Proudhon: "Because all proper tea is theft."