Funky behavior of hidden morphs?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Jun 20 19:25:51 UTC 2001

Spurred on by the recent posting of Menu Bar for 3.x, I set out to fix one
of my chief annoyances with the Squeak UI- management of collapsed
windows.

The problem I'm running into has to do with #hide'ing and #show'ing
windows.  When a morph is hidden by sending it the message #hide, a shadow
of it is still there.  When I click on a spot where the now hidden morph
once was, a black rectangle pops up, and causes all sorts of trouble.

Is this the way Morph>>#hide and #show should behave and the semantics are
just confusing me?  What would the proper way to handle this be? Perhaps
collapsing (in the usual way as per SystemWindow>>#collapseOrExpand) and
moving it out of the visible bounds?

Thanks!
Aaron

Aaron Reichow ::  Twin Ports ACM Pres ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"life, probably the biggest word i've ever said, that says a lot 'cause
there is a whole lot of words inside my head..." -- atmosphere