Against wastefull forks (Re: Taking Ownership of Squeak (WAS Re: Python at Disney))

Florin X Mateoc mateoc_florin at jpmorgan.com
Fri Mar 9 21:04:47 UTC 2001

I think that the opensource vm and the very portable approach/implementation are
very strong attractions in themselves for people who want to do
industrial-strength Smalltalk or other non-multimedia things. You don't find
these in other dialects AFAIK.
It is entirely Squeak's fault that it simultaneously offers a very valuable base
to different groups of people who want to take it in different directions.
I personally think it should be punished

Florin

bob at bobjectsinc.com on 03/09/2001 03:32:58 PM

Please respond to squeak at cs.uiuc.edu