Squeak on tinies (was Re: Squeak on iPaq-Linux Update)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 29 09:30:06 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher <kgf at golden.net> wrote:
> Well I don't have any screenshots handy (yet) but...
[Pen based PDA env]
Sounds very cool. I'd love to see it.

> In addition to the other suggestions (such as the Lucy font), you'll probably want to stick with
> flop-out scrollbars to save space on the screen.  Or, if you prefer inboard, using the narrow & hidden
> scrollbar options will save a fair amount of space.
In my experience, the scrollers tends to flop out of the screen.
Inboard, narrow, hidden works pretty well.

[Bobs browser]
Yup, that concept seems better for tiny screens, but I couldn't find the
Class Categories, and the hierarchy tree get too big to.

I think maybe I was looking for the wrong thing in a PDA - it just isn't
a desktop, and not useful for the same things...

Daniel