[QUESTION?] Configuration management tools for Squeak?

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sat Mar 17 05:09:18 UTC 2001

Elzbieta Chludzinska wrote:

> Are there any CM tools for Squeak which would allow a group of about 20
> software engineers to work together without chaos?  'Change sets' are fine for
> small groups (<10) but there's no central library from which to check in and
> out source code.
>
> Any suggestions?

The two that I know of are CVST and Collage/SCAN.  See:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1589
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/745

CVST is probably the more complete/usable of the two, while Collage sounds more powerful, but unfinished.  You might still need to do a little tinkering to get CVST to do exactly what you want, but it sounds like it's generally usable from what I've heard.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com