Growing your local Swiki (was Re: performance questions)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Mar 18 02:43:35 UTC 2001

On Saturday 17 March 2001 15:53, Tom wrote:

[snip]

> I wonder whether one couldn't
> add them to the default image in another hypertext window similar
> to "Getting Started...".  Or, maybe, one could even have a whole
> hypertext-based help system come with the image, with active links
> that open utilities and do other things when clicked on.  Are there
> any hypertext-based help systems for Squeak (yes, I know that
> Scamper+Swiki could be considered something like that)?

Absolutely! And since you've just learned something valuable about
performance, why not share it on a Swiki near you?

I keep thinking that I need to get out to the Swiki and share my discoveries
with others... OK, I just updated http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1799 . I
feel much better, thank you.

Are the Swikis growing? What needs to happen to make them more useful? It
would be simple to provide quick access from Squeak to a meta-swiki search
(like the translate and spell check choices already on the text menu). Would
that be enough?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA