BookMorph Question

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at disney.com
Sun Mar 18 03:05:18 UTC 2001

Jon --

We have done it most successfully by simply updating the image to a
current one.

Something else you might want to check out in 3.1 is Bob Arning's
"InternalThreadNavigatorMorph". This makes a virtual bookmorph of
whole projects. I have used it many times for talks over the last few
months.

If you get one of those from the "new morph" menu, then look in the
"dot" menu for options. You can show a sorter of all the projects in
your system. You can make this sorter a "parts bin". You can get a
"thread of no projects". You can drag projects from the "all
projects" sorter into the new thread. You can rearrange them etc. If
you want a new project you can get one from the "edit this thread"
sorter, or you can choose "insert a new project" from the ThreadNav
dot menu.

This scheme allows a given project to be in any number of
presentations with no links running through it. Also, if you publish
the projects (with the thread nav in the first project), then the
thread nav is smart enough to get the projects from wherever as
someone else sequences through.

All in all, this scheme is much handier for presentations than
bookmorphs (especially given that a particular project might need to
have a local namespace, etc.)

Cheers,

Alan

------