Why can't I save new TextStyles with a project? (was Re: Project saving problems/questions)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Mar 31 22:32:19 UTC 2001

On Saturday 31 March 2001 12:29, Bob Arning wrote:

> You will want to look at implementors of #objectForDataStream:. This method
> allows substitution of one object for another when writing to disk. The
> assumption in the case of StrikeFont is that there is a lot of data that
> *probably* exists in the image that will receive the project, so why bother
> sening it. When the other system does not, in fact, have the named font,
> the default font will be substituted.
>
> One way you could get around this for fonts not in the general image is to
> include a change set with the project which installs the StrikeFont via
> code in the postscript.

Thanks for the pointer, Bob.

This is a FormSetFont.

I just defined FormSetFont>>objectForDataStream: to answer self. This worked.
My guess is that FormSetFont is used infrequently enough, and for custom
situations like this, that this may be the right thing to do in general.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com