Against wastefull forks (Re: Taking Ownership of Squeak(WAS Re: Python at Disney))

C. Keith Ray ckeithray at home.com
Sat Mar 10 03:40:32 UTC 2001

"Why Smalltalk? Smalltalk uses a simplified version of English.
 Nouns and verbs. Object are the nouns.
 Verbs are messages sent from one object to the next.
 Easy as 1, 2, 3. It is no longer necessary to write cryptic programs.
 This means that almost anyone can learn to write Smalltalk programs."
                - Peter William Lount

I have to object to this quote. I picked a class at random, and here are a
few of the method names of that class.  Where are the verbs?

willingToBeEmbeddedUponLanding

veryDeepInner:

selectedItem

popUpOwner