DLL conflicts

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Tue Mar 13 20:16:28 UTC 2001

>There's actually a lot of interesting stuff in the file system we were
>defining.  Basically, we extended Apple's dual-fork files with n-fork files,
>indexed with four-character codes (Apple's OSType).

This was a feature of the Pick OS file system. Each "file" had a
dictionary to descript the data portion and then n-data portions.
Most files only had one data segment, but any number were possible.
The default data segment had the same name as the dictionary, and
other segments had unique names. The dictionary*data_segment name
made them unique.

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back
   to its original dimensions.
     -- Oliver Wendell Holmes