Are morphs the components of Squeak - a la JavaBeans?

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Mon Mar 26 21:44:38 UTC 2001

on 3/26/01 10:24 AM, Roel Wuyts at roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch wrote:

> About the interface question: suppose we define an interface for
> Smalltalk-beans (based on conventions of course, maybe the current Javabeans
> interface can be used as inspiration for things to include/omit). Couldn't
> this be enough to propel us already ahead ?
>
> We could make a swiki page describing the interface, and we could try
> writing components that adhere to this interface. Such components should be
> interoperable.

Don't forget the king of component architectures, banned by fiat by Bill
Gates:

OpenDoc.

If there was a well-defined  OpenDoc-like architecture for Squeak, that
would go WAAAY beyond what Beans offer, in many respects.

--
The real romance is out ahead and yet to
come. The computer revolution hasn't started yet. Don't be misled by