Against wastefull forks (Re: Taking Ownership of Squeak (WAS Re: Python at Disney))

Dan Shafer dshafer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 18:03:57 UTC 2001

I think it is certainly more likely that we obtain the desired results by
getting a full-time professional group akin to SqueakC to focus on developing
other aspects of the product.

And while I think that we may ultimately find it necessary to fork Squeak to
accomplish this, I am now agreed that we should allow the necessity to arise
_before_ we take that step rather than taking that step in the assumption it
will be necessary.