Where is the Mac VM that includes StarSqueak?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Mar 22 19:18:02 UTC 2001

>The regular mac vm is built using Code Warrior ($$$)
>To be able to build with MPW you will probably need to change
>some header files and code files to make it work.
>
>The files from Marcus Denker should make it a bit easier
>but you need the compiler too: MPW GCC

Actually you shouldn't need to change anything. Marcus and I have
been working on making the mac source files and header files work
without change for MPW or CodeWarrior to allow you to build carbon
and non-carbon VMs.

If you find you need to change something to get MPW to work, this is
should be documented so we can fix it. Right now for the 3.x I'm not
aware of any changes required to get it to compile for MPW using the
MPW make files from Marcus.