[GOODIE] NK-ConnectorsDemo.012.pr on Bob's Super Swiki

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 2 17:47:51 UTC 2001

On Friday 02 March 2001 06:07, Steffen.Mueller at phaidros.com wrote:
> Great work!

Thank you!

> There are any new ideas for the UML-Editor.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Are you asking if I have any new ideas for the editor, or are you saying you
have new ideas?

What I'm working on right now:

* reverse-engineer class diagrams from Smalltalk code:
	* choose "Add class", pick a class (or perhaps choose from Browser
class-list menu).
	* this makes a UML class representation (a NCTextRectangleMorph) with
instance variables and methods filled in
	* when dropped into the world, connects itself to other UML class
representations in the world (just generalization relationships right now,
though I'm interested in type inference to get interface specs).

* write code for finite-state machines from diagrams:
	* traverse state diagram objects in the world (will make a subclass for
these, or mark them using a property). Generate code based on a template (or
based on the operations in a generator class). Look at my
NCFiniteStateMachine class for one target.

Do you have any other ideas?

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA