Squeak Foundation?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Mar 27 02:24:22 UTC 2001

On Monday 26 March 2001 15:38, Elzbieta Chludzinska wrote:

> I've heard tell of an announcement at the Smalltalk Solutions 2001
> Conference of a Squeak Foundation to be supported by Disney, IBM and Dave
> Thomas (whatever that means).  Is this correct and does anyone have more
> info?  I assume this support Squeak like the Apache Foundation supports
> Apache!

What a great rumor! That would be a interesting step forward, though I don't
know what the foundation would do, since SqC are mostly on the Disney
payroll...

Presumably, "Dave Thomas" would be the Dave Thomas of IBM/OTI/Carleton U.
fame, rather than the outgoing IBM PC Systems Group VP of the same name...

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com