Swiki Server problems

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 15:31:37 UTC 2001

=> 3/5/01 10:11:52 AM EST, nadja at cc.gatech.edu =>
<< I guess when OSX comes out, the Mac VM will be stronger in networking.
Until then, if you are going to run a Swiki server, use linux. >>

Anyone ---

Does anyone have any comments on serving Swikis from Windows platforms?

I am in an 11th hour situation preparing to bring up some exploratory Swikis.
I could use Linux, but it would be relatively new to me. I'd rather have only
one foot in the air at one time. Mac also an alternative, but Windows is the
path of least resistance at the moment. I have been happy running "personal"
Swikis off of Windows, but of course, that is not a meaningful load test.

WRT GaTechies situation, if expanded budget is forthcoming there, and the
stability of Swikis into the future is a point of interest, does it not make
sense to run Swikis from GaTech on a spectrum of platforms so as to be able
to evaluate (and solve some of) problems discovered?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald