Morphs differ based on how brought to life?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun Mar 25 04:35:37 UTC 2001

>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Shafer <dshafer at yahoo.com> writes:

Dan> closePlayer

Dan>     super delete.

I'm pretty sure Kent Beck's "Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns" tells
why "super XXX" should only be sent from within "XXX".  But this
smells here.  I'd start by asking what you are REALLY doing there.
This is not sending a message to the parent morph.  This is re-sending
a message further up the inheritance chain, except that you're not
re-sending anything, which is why it is suspect.

parent class != parent morph