Are morphs the components of Squeak - a la JavaBeans?

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Mon Mar 26 17:22:18 UTC 2001

Elzbieta Chludzinska wrote:

> Is it reasonable to make an analogy between morphs and Java beans - Java's
> components?  Is there a component framework for Squeak?
>
> The reason I ask is I know it'll be asked during some presentations I'll be
> making in my effort to "sell" Squeak for a project I'm working on.
>
> Elzbieta

I'v never worked with either java or java beans but from reading a
little off the
net now it seems like it's an analogy that could work.
But a note, from what I read, Java Beans seems to be integrated into
other lanuages and apps
in a way that may require some work to be available for Squeak.
One can embed Squeaklets into webpages. But I have not used it
extensivly and
can not give much info on that.

Karl