[ENH][GOODIE] OSProcess V2.0 (version 2.0 released)

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Thu Mar 15 17:51:55 UTC 2001

>  - Tell the running image to go headless (UnixProcess decapitate).

David, what about "UnixProcess recapitate"?  Can I do that?  At some point
in the future, I would like to simultaneously upgrade Swiki.net to Squeak
3.x and upgrade ;) from Windows to Linux.  One of the things I've always
wanted was to have my cake and eat it too with respect to headless
operation.  Basically, I want to run Swiki.net headless, but also be able to
resurrect the head to perform updates and maintenance without having to take
down the service.  I can achieve that to a certain degree on a Unix platform
using VNC, but I'd like to be able to do it without needing to keep an
active X server around.

- Stephen