Exobox Screenshots

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Thu Mar 15 00:17:11 UTC 2001

Several people have now expressed admiration for the exobox snapshots.
One person wrote:
	Oh my those are some seriously cool looking apps!

Well yes they are cool to *look at*, but are they cool to *use*?
When I think about usability, I note that a heck of a lot of screen
real estate is wasted, to those cutesy yellow stickies have about as
much room for *really* leaving a message as a postage stamp.

And you have to admit that the screenshots are so 20th-century,
so retro-noir.

I *hate* Sherlock in MacOS 9, so even though I'm getting a new Mac (should
have had it today, but there's some problem) I have asked to have MacOS 8.6
on it.  Pseudo-photorealistic images of fictitious phsyical devices inherit
all the user interface problems of physical devices plus all the user
interface problems of computational devices and add a few of their own.