Rescuing the squeak-annc list (was Re: Squeak ML)

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Sat Mar 17 05:39:13 UTC 2001

>Anyway, my thought was that it would be cool if postings made to the
>regular squeak list with the [ANN] or [ANNC] prefix could be automatically
>forwarded to the squeak-annc list.  I know Bert F. already has a few list
>message processing scripts running (such as the bug fixes archive and the
>unsubscribe auto-reply thing)... would it be feasible to add a feature to
>forward any [ANN] messages to squeak-annc?

This is a great suggestion.

I would also recommend that the tags [UPDATES] [ENH] [GOODIE] and
[FIX] be sent to the annc  list as well.

This would make it a log for the important changes to Squeak
and the discussions on the regular list could rage on, however
they will. A casual reader could then focus more quickly on
what they might need.

Jeff Sz.

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   Life's most urgent question is:
   what are you doing for others?