Help! Re: True Type Fonts

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Mon Mar 19 19:33:01 UTC 2001

HI:

I tried this again, hoping it had been fixed or that I was holding my mouth right. Still poor luck:

* It doesn't work on a Mac at all, even in 3.1alpha.

* On Windoze it sort of works (using 3.0) but I still get what looks like a thin black line filled with grey, and the grey slops over onto the line sometimes. It is basically unreadable lumps of grey at 12 point with some of the black border line showing.  At 48 point the letters are clearer and readable but are still a partial black outline with grey filling. I've tried Arial and Verdana with the same result. (I'm running Win 2000 Pro but had the same results on Win 95 months ago).

Am I missing something? The process seems simple enough and seems to work flawlessly, except that the result is not very desirable.

Dave

--
David N. Smith