who wrote PLay Writing?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 1 14:21:29 UTC 2001

Me -- it's the project from the last chapter in my book that I was
trying to get to work in 3.0.  With Bob's and Ned's help, it is now
(see their earlier messages).  I'm uploading now the version that
actually works in 3.0.

Mark

>Hi,
>
>Who wrote the play writing project on Bob's Swiki?
>
>I am running the latest 3.1 and if I click on the scriptingBench area
>I can type one character and then it deselects it.  So in order to
>enter whole words I have to click the field for each letter.
>
>Also, I'd like to record my "play" to a wave or something.  How do I
>do this?  I pulled up the RecordingControlsMorph and click record but
>I get this error
>
>28 February 2001 4:20:59 pm
>Error: a primitive has failed
>SoundRecorder(Object)>>error:
>SoundRecorder(Object)>>primitiveFailed
>SoundRecorder>>primStartRecordingDesiredSampleRate:stereo:semaIndex:
>SoundRecorder>>startRecording
>SoundRecorder>>resumeRecording
>RecordingControlsMorph>>record
>[] in SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
>BlockContext>>on:do:
>[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
>BlockContext>>on:do:
>[] in BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
>BlockContext>>on:do:
>BlockContext>>valueUninterruptably
>BlockContext>>ensure:
>CursorWithMask(Cursor)>>showWhile:
>SimpleButtonMorph>>doButtonAction
>SimpleButtonMorph>>mouseUp:
>SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseUp:
>MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
>SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
>SimpleButtonMorph(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
>HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:
>HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:
>HandMorph>>handleEvent:
>HandMorph>>processEvents
>[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
>
>I'm running squeak under linux with squeak3.0 pre1 vm..if there's
>anything else that would be helpful just let me know.  Thank you.
>
>Sincerely,
>jsj
>--
>"some operas are tragedies!" Alan Kay

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu