swiki and Squeak documentation

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 16 15:46:49 UTC 2001

Jen Brown made a start at this: http://guzdial.cc.gatech.edu:8080/api.1

The problem was one of OS limitations.  Providing all the possible
ways of looking at the classes, and all the different classes, etc.
turned out to generate more files than the MacOS wants in a folder
(or rather, the Finder -- the Finder really starts to get upset over
1000 files and just dies over 10,000).  We could try it again on
Linux, perhaps.

Mark

>Is there a wiki with the Squeak sources spread out with at least each
>class on a different page? With appropriate invitations, I think that
>might be a good way to gather both commentary and questions from the
>entire community. It would become a resource for programmers because
>it would always have material more recent than the latest release.
>
>Dick

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu