How to execute external programs across platforms?

bparsia at unc.edu bparsia at unc.edu
Sat Mar 3 03:37:01 UTC 2001

--On Friday, March 02, 2001 6:04 PM -0800 Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com>
wrote:

> OK, I know how to spawn an external program under Unix (use the
> UnixOSProcess  plugin, though I've not yet built one for 3.0).
>
> But how do I do this for, say, the Mac?

Use the applescript support, would be my first move. the "open" (whatever)
appleevent is pretty universally supported now.

Of course, for MacOSX, there will be other options, I'd imagine.

> Or for Win32?
>
> Is there anyone working on OSProcess versions for these platforms?

No. But there should be!

(Or, at least, not that I know of, but there should be and I should know
about it. :))

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.