[Win32] just another VM update (3.1 alpha build 1)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Thu Mar 1 06:19:55 UTC 2001

Hi Phiho,

>     A couple of observations:
>
>     1/- It takes quite a while to destroy the 11K threads.

Yes I noticed that. I'm not entirely sure what the reason is. Could be all
threads released at the same time. Could be an issue with Winsockets. If you
have any idea let me know.

>     2/- After the test ended, the memory usage remains high
> (the threads count was properly reduced, though). It remains
> high after exiting Squeak, even after logout and re-login.
> Only a restart reduced the memory usage.

Interesting. By "memory usage" you mean the amount of memory used by the
kernel?!

> > that an MSVC build should work out of the box again. Please try.
>
>     Yes, it just works out of the box. Hurray !

Well, thanks to you ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas